Tips and Tricks to Stay Organized

           Many people, including me, find it hard to stay organized. One might set a goal to be organized and they keep up with that goal for a couple of weeks, but then they slowly start to get unorganized. I have compiled this list of tips and tricks to get organized and stay organized.

1. Make a To-Do List
            Having a to-do list can make overwhelming days into calm days. Write down every single thing you need to do on a certain day. Include the tiniest of tasks. (ex. Picking out clothes for tomorrow, or filling up your water bottle) After you have everything written down on your list, start completing them one by one. Always start with the easiest tasks first! That way when you get to the harder tasks on your list, you won't be overwhelmed by everything else you have to do.

2. Clean Workspace
             Working in a clean space can help you be more productive and not as overwhelmed. When I work at the desk in my room, I am always distracted by everything on the floor that is out of place. Try to always keep wherever you work clean. Keep your workspace clean in order to stay organized and be productive.
Image result for a organized desk
3. Stop Procrastinating!
              Procrastination can be the worst enemy of someone with the goal of staying organized. For those unfamiliar with the term, procrastination means to put off a task for later that you can do now. I saw this picture on google, it said, "Procrastination, is like a credit card; it's a lot of fun until you get the bill." Tips to avoid procrastination is to limit the amount of time of work you do at one time. For example, if  I worked on my summer reading project for 25 minutes, I would take a break for 5 minutes, then continue working. Another tip to avoid procrastination is to reward yourself for finishing all of your work. For example, I finished studying for my science test tomorrow, and I completed my reading assignment, so I rewarded myself by allowing myself to watch 30 minutes of Netflix. Having a"light at the end of the tunnel" can create a drive to get your work done today, rather than tomorrow or next week.
     
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolor Paper Design with Crayola Markers

I GOT A BETTA FISH!!! Fishy Diary pt.1